Thursday, March 23, 2017

Surprise lights out/22 Mar 2017

It was late because I just got done with boxing. I was preparing a smoothie at my apartment as a small snack before I went to bed. I put all the ingredients in the blender and connected it to the outlet with a converter. The moment I pushed the button to blend the ingredients, the lights shut off! I stood in pure darkness dumbfounded. Later I found out that the voltage is not the same between America and Italy. The voltage in Italy is between 220 and 240v while in America it is usually between 110v and 120v. My next objective was to find light. I bumped into random furniture and a wall as I made my way to the front door. I managed to open the door and light flooded into the apartment. A soccer field sits in front of my apartment and it is well lit. I took out some candles that were stored away and used them to light my path as I cleaned up the smoothie that was not made. I tried messing with the electrical box in the house without success in turning the lights back on. I called it a night and kept in mind that I would have to contact the landlord the next day to recover my electricity.
What it looked like once the lights went out

No comments:

Post a Comment