Saturday, March 25, 2017

Wine tour/25 Mar 2017

My body naturally wakes up at 0600 most days and today was no different. I didn’t have to leave for another hour and a half to meet up with my friend to go on the wine tour so I decided to lay in bed for a little bit. I eventually got up and opened the windows to let fresh air and sunlight into the apartment. Before I knew it, it was already time to head out. The weather was perfect and I didn’t need a jacket. It took about 15 minutes to get to the spaghetti house (a restaurant in Aviano) where I met up with Miho for the tour. People were boarding the bus and Miho, Miho’s friends, and I followed suit. We sat down on the second story in the back of the bus. Miho and her friends are Japanese so they spoke a bit while we traveled through the narrow streets. I remember some Japanese but I understand more than I can speak. Our destination was a vineyard and winery. The owner of the winery gave us a tour of her factory and lead us to a table where wine, bread, cheese, and meat was served. I tasted different types of reds and whites. I enjoyed the dry white wine and the sweater red wine. We ventured out into the vineyard afterwards and came face to face with the grape vines. It was very beautiful, especially with the mountains in the background. Next we drove to a restaurant where we had lunch. I was already full but I managed to eat a bit more (there is always room for more!). The time passed so quickly and we were all back at the spaghetti house restaurant before I knew it. My friends went on their way and I decided to stop at the local gelato shop before going home. My favorite flavor they have is pistachio and my second favorite is hazelnut. The other flavors are amazing as well. They change out the flavors depending on the season. I can truly say that gelato is one of my favorite desserts!
L’image contient peut-être : 2 personnes, personnes assises, table, intérieur et nourritureAucun texte alternatif disponible.L’image contient peut-être : intérieurL’image contient peut-être : 1 personne, sourit, lunettes, intérieur et gros planL’image contient peut-être : personnes assises, table et intérieurL’image contient peut-être : intérieurL’image contient peut-être : une personne ou plus et intérieurL’image contient peut-être : une personne ou plus et intérieurL’image contient peut-être : une personne ou plus, plein air et intérieurL’image contient peut-être : une personne ou plus et intérieurL’image contient peut-être : ciel, montagne, herbe, nuage, arbre, plein air et natureL’image contient peut-être : plein airL’image contient peut-être : une personne ou plus, boisson et intérieurL’image contient peut-être : intérieurL’image contient peut-être : boisson, tasse de café et intérieurL’image contient peut-être : nourritureL’image contient peut-être : plein air

No comments:

Post a Comment